Going Guatemalan

Very little planning,but sure to me lots of fun!

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Holiday Pics! Come and get em!

Happy Tuesday Everyone!
Here are some photos from my Swaziland trip. Enjoy!

Traditional Swazi Dancing at the Swazi Cultural Village. Men, women and children get dressed up for the event, and dance to the rhythem of their drumming.

In one of the men's dances, three or four men line up and hold the end of sticks on each others shoulders. In this formation, they then kick their feet over their heads, quite an intense physical task, that takes more teamwork than it looks.

This was my go at a simpler dance. The steps were still a little too complicated for me to master, but I got to hold the stick!


My friend Lee-Ann distributing sweets at the Christmas party at her community center.

Some of the children at the Enduduzweni Community Care Center.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home