Going Guatemalan

Very little planning,but sure to me lots of fun!

Monday, November 17, 2008

Theres no place like home!

The count down has started and I have just under 30 days left in Africa! And naturally I'm sad to leave my friends and the place I've called home for the past two years, but I'm also really excited complete my service, especially because I have some exciting plans on the way home. I'll officially complete my service with Peace Corps on December 5th, at which time I'll head to Zambia and Victoria Falls. From there, I fly to London for a few days and then home to California on the 15th!

My remaining time in Namibia has been extremely busy. Last month I ran in the Lucky Star Marathon: 42 kilometers from Walvis Bay to Swakopmund (on the coast). It was a small event, maybe 50 runners, which was nice since this was my first marathon. I had a lot of fun...and although my time is nothing worth boasting about (4:40), my friends told me I was the only one who was smiling at the finish line. I was so high off the excitement of finishing, probably together with the endorphins from running so long that I went out dancing that night, although don't worry, I was in pain the next day. It was a good chance to be with my fellow PCV's one last time.

I also took the GRE and am in the process of applying to graduate school. I'm applying to public health programs in epidemiology. The program would start next fall, but until then, I don't really know what I'll be doing.

Everything at school is coming to a close very quickly. I finish teaching on Tuesday. Then after two and a half weeks, I'll officially close my Peace Corps serivice. I'm still struggling to complete the classroom. We were delayed by lack of transport for the last of the building materials, but construction is back on the way. I'm confident that we'll finish before I go, and hopefully I'll also be there to see it painted.

Top 10 Things I'm looking forward to in America!
10. going to the movie theater
9. sleeping in a comfortable bed
8. going to a concert
7. SNOW!
6. coffee shops
5. Chinese buffet
4. washing machine
3. hot shower
2. an overstuffed dripping with grease burrito
1. friends and family!

Enjoy the pictures!
















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home